Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lazy cook comfort food is junk food

From wikipedia

Junk food is an informal term applied to some foods that are perceived to have little or no nutritional value (i.e. containing "empty calories"), or to products with nutritional value but which also have ingredients considered unhealthy when regularly eaten, or to those considered unhealthy to consume at all. The term was coined by Michael Jacobson, director of the Center for Science in the Public Interest, in 1972.[1]

Junk foods are typically ready-to-eat convenience foods containing high levels of saturated fats, salt, or sugar, and little or no fruit, vegetables, or dietary fiber; junk foods thus have little or no health benefits. Common junk foods include salted snack foods (chips, crisps), candy, gum, most sweet desserts, fried fast food and carbonated beverages (sodas)[2] as well as alcoholic beverages[3][4].

My comfort food is junk food.

Why comfort food because I have accomplished something so my way  to congratulate myself is by eating junk food that I like. Also, when I want to feel comfortable like watching films so I indulge eating such stuff, especially when it is sooo cold that all I want is to curl up in my bed and shut myself in the comfort of a warm bedroom. It is also my motivation food, particularly when I engage in a new and challenging tasks like writing papers, I need them to encourage me to do such work.

So what are those junk food - potato chips, chocolate cakes, chocolates, soda drinks are among my favorite.

So what about you what are your favorite junk foods? Some also come up with  unusual mix of eating them, have tried those unusual mix of junk foods?

Definitely, a lazy cook's comfort food is junk food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be responsible with your comments. As blog authors we have the responsibility to remove comments and ban commentors. Paki-usap lang.
Salamat po!

BlogCatalog